Japan is home to some of the most cutting-edge fashion trends in the world, and each year, Anime Expo takes pride in its efforts to showcase and introduce variety of Japanese fashion each year. Since the first Fashion Show in 2012, AX has featured over ten different authentic Japanese clothing brands, as well as a new generation of models. Attendees are able to shop each brands’ offerings in the Exhibit Hall, as well as meet the designers and guest models for autograph signings and/or photo opportunities.
Details about Fashion Show Brands will be announced soon Selected applicants will receive a complimentary 4-day badge to Anime Expo and an unforgettable experience!
- Applicants must be 18 years or older to apply.
- You must be available to attend the following:
- One model training before July that will be about 2-4 hours.
- Friday, July 1st from 10:30 AM – 2:30 PM for model fittings and rehearsal.
- Saturday, July 2nd from 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM for hair, makeup, dress rehearsal, and the fashion show itself.
- *Note: We cannot make accommodations for anyone who cannot commit to the aboce required attendance. Please do not apply if you are unable to make any of the above requests.
- Must be able to bring your own shoes to rehearsal and show day. We will give you details on what style of shoes to bring.
- If you apply and model for us, there is an expectation that you act in a professional manner with our guests, staff, volunteers, and other models.
- You will be changing clothes in front of other models, so please wear appropriate undergarments (neutral or nude color is preferred, especially for show day).
- You will be required to provide your own food/snacks/drinks. Leaving the premises on show day is not permitted, so plan accordingly.