Tabletop Gaming General Event Rules
- Anime Expo Tabletop Gaming events are open to all attendees with a valid attendee badge for the day of the event. Off-duty Anime Expo staff volunteers are permitted to participate, but will be given no special treatment within the event.
- All AX run events are free of charge. (3 party events may require an entry fee. Please see the appropriate vendor’s booth area for details)
- Tabletop Gaming Area event structure and rulings are at the discretion of the staff volunteers running the event. All rulings by these staff volunteers are final.
- “Griefing” or otherwise insulting or antagonizing other players verbally or physically is NOT permitted.
Tabletop Gaming Tournament Events are subject to all other Tabletop Gaming rules and guidelines, as well as the following:
- Tournaments require players sign up before the event. Sign-ups are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Attendees may sign up for ANY tournament event, starting when the room opens on Day 1 at 10am, up until the start of that specific event. (i.e., a player wishing to play in a tournament on Day 3, may sign up for it on Day 1)
- If a tournament has enough players signed up to meet the tournament capacity, additional sign-ups will be placed on a wait list.
- Players should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the tournament starting. At the designated start time, staff will call for players signed up. If 1 or more player from the list is absent, names will be called from the wait list until tournament capacity has been met.
- Players who play in the first of a multiple tournament event (i.e. Cosplay Poker A and Cosplay Poker B) MAY sign up for the second event, however they will be moved to the end of the waitlist, to give new players a chance to play.
- Some tournaments will require players to bring their own components to play (TCG/CCGs). These will be marked on the schedule below.