Please read this page carefully to find out how to get an autograph from guests at Anime Expo. However, please note that this policy does NOT apply to Industry Guests. Industry Guests are listed under the “Industry Appearances” tab on the Guest page. They also will be denoted as an “Industry Guest” with a corresponding tag on their thumbnail on the Guest page.
- NOTE: Industry Guest autograph sessions are always not managed or organized by Anime Expo. You will need to visit the guest’s respective booth or company website for more information about the relevant policies and procedures. Please see the Guest’s page for more information.
STEP ONE: CHECK THE AUTOGRAPH SCHEDULE (WHEN AVAILABLE)
- You will need to know when the autograph session will take place in order to know when you need to line up to get the respective autograph ticket.
- Guests may have 1-3 autograph sessions throughout the weekend.
STEP TWO: GET AN AUTOGRAPH TICKET
- The line for the Autograph Ticket Booth will start outside of on Pico Blvd outside of South Hall/Kentia Hall.
- This starts as one single line which will split into six lines and signs will be posted on the booths to indicate which one is for which booth.
- If you’re unsure about where and how to line up, don’t hesitate to ask an AX Access Control Volunteer. (They can be identified by their red vests.)
- Ticket distribution starts at 8AM each day and ends at 12PM.
- Tickets are distributed only for the autograph sessions scheduled on the same day.
- For each session, 75 Priority Tickets will be issued first, followed by 50 Standby Tickets.
- Standby ticket holders are not guaranteed autographs but will have a chance to receive autographs at the discretion of the Guest of Honor(s) they are waiting for.
STEP THREE: THE AUTOGRAPH SESSION
- Be sure to bring an item to be signed.
- Attendees are responsible for providing their own items to be signed. All items are subject to Guest’s approval*.
- All items must be properly licensed, and it is recommended that the item is from a project that the guest has worked on.
- Rules and restrictions on what will or will not be signed are subject to change so please be sure to have your item checked by Autograph Staff prior to any session. Attendees are recommended to bring at least one backup item in case their item of choice cannot be signed.
- Head over to the Autograph Area in Kentia Hall. (Map coming soon)
- Please refer to the Autograph Ticket to find out which booth/table the session will take place in.
- Lines start 30 minutes prior to each session.
- If you have a:
- Priority Ticket: The number printed on a Priority Ticket does not correspond to your place in line.
- Standby Ticket: Standby ticketholders must line up numerically in their designated area behind the guaranteed ticketholders of the same session. Numbers are listed on each ticket.
- Autograph sessions are subject to change or cancellation at any time without notice. Autograph tickets of any kind only denote eligibility to receive an autograph at the specified Guest of Honor’s scheduled signing session.
- If you have questions about the autograph session or policy, please ask an AX Autographs Volunteer at the Autograph Ticket Booth, located on Pico Blvd outside of South/Kentia Hall. (Map coming soon)
- Premier Fans do not get special privileges for Autograph Ticketing or Autograph Sessions. They must line up for ticketing and sessions along with regular attendees.No exceptions will be made.